- This event has passed.
Spring Birding Festival
Sat May 13 - Mon May 22
The PEPtBO Spring Birding Festival runs from Sat. May 13 to Mon May 22, 2017. Events include guided walks and tours, workshops, and banding demonstrations.
- The Observatory is normally open to the public every day Apr 10-May 31 and Aug 15-Oct 31 (banding takes place in the mornings). Free admission! Trails are open year round.
- April 10 to May 31, 2017, Spring Migration Monitoring at the Bird Observatory. Weather permitting, nets are up
for 6 hours after sunrise.
- Every Saturday morning in May, 10:00 to 11:30 am, educational programs for families at the Prince Edward Point Bird Observatory (PEPtBO)
- May 15 to 19, mornings, Birding around the County excursions, Prince Edward County Field Naturalists
- Sunday May 21, Big Day in the IBA, guided walks in the IBA
- Sunday May 21, 8 am to 4 pm, Birding Tour of the County (bus trip)
The Canadian Nature Federation and Bird Studies Canada designated The County as an important global birding area (IBA) in 1998. The Prince Edward Point Bird Observatory (PEPtBO) is located along the eastern tip of Prince Edward County about 20 minutes southeast of Picton, Ontario in a National Wildlife Area.
For more information on birding, including Spring-time bird banding demonstrations, and Fall Northern saw-whet owl banding, visit the Prince Edward Point Bird Observatory website: peptbo.ca.
Boot Camp for Birders
at Jacksons Falls Country Inn | Public House in Milford
2017 dates, offered during Spring and Fall banding season
spring: April 10 – May 31
fall availability: September 5 – October 31
Part of the Prince Edward County Birding Festival
2 night’s accommodation in a boutique guest room
early bird pack-and-go hot coffee and snack each morning
a delicious brunch in the Public House upon your return each day
$35 voucher towards meals in the Public House during your stay
$389.65 per person, INCLUDING HST & meal gratuities**
Reserve at jacksonsfalls.com
**ALL RATES ARE BASED ON DOUBLE OCCUPANCY
For The Birds Package
at Merrill Inn in Picton
Available APRIL – MAY
Spring Migration: Mid-April to May 31
Fall Migration: Mid-August to October 31
(during October is Northern Saw-whet owl banding)
2-nights accommodation in the Merrill Inn
A hot sumptuous breakfast each morning
A three course a la carte dinner in our Restaurant
A Picnic lunch to enjoy while exploring the County
Maps and information about the Prince Edward Point Bird Observatory and Bird House City
Mounted Adopt-a-Saw-whet Owl Photograph in support of the Prince Edward Point Bird Observatory
(photo of this owl by David Okine)
NOVEMBER 1 – APRIL 30
From $322.00 per person
MAY 1 – OCTOBER 31
from $381.00 per person
Based on double occupancy, inclusive of taxes and gratuities.
Reserve at merrillinn.com