Spring is an optimistic season of new beginnings and new life, and The County has found colourful and creative ways to celebrate it. We welcome the first harvest of the season – maple syrup; spring birding migration; cultural festivals; food & wine markets; nature walks, garden tours and plant sales …
- Maple in the County (March 24 & 25, 2018)
A self-directed, two-day celebration, with pancake breakfasts, tours of maple bushes, sugar shack demonstrations, music, dancing, shopping, fine dining, family activities …
- Waterfall Tours (Easter weekend, March 31 & April 1, 2018)
- Spring Countylicious ( April 6-28, 2018 )
Prince Edward County’s twice annual prix fixe culinary celebration.
- Authors Festival On hiatus for 2018, returning in 2019.
- The County Reads (April 19, 2018)
Featuring guest authors and five local residents championing their chosen book.
- County POP Community Music Festival (April 28, 2018)
Participate in the timeless tradition of reveling in music, food and family to welcome the magic that is springtime in the County.
- Walleye World Fishing Tournament (May 5 & 6, 2018)
The Walleye World Fishing Derby is a live release event the first weekend in May. Big fish to catch and big prizes to be won. Bay of Quinte is known as the “Walleye Capital of the World”.
- Spring Birding Festival (May 12 to 21, 2018)
Weekend activities include workshops on birding, insects, wildflowers and photography with a hospitality tent where visitors can post sightings, share information and just hang out.
- Quarter Moon Coffeehouse in Bloomfield (May-Sept)
The anything-goes, everybody-welcome open stage coffee house returns for another summer of music every other Thursday evening.
- Welcome Weekend (May)
Opening weekend for The County Museums for the season. “Loyalist Encampment” Event.
- Fibrefest (May 26, 2018) celebrating Fibre Arts
- Rotary Lilac Ride (May 27, 2018) through the County’s beautiful cycling routes
- Antique Show and Sale at the Crystal Palace in Picton (May 19 & 20, 2018)
- Quinte’s Isle Bluegrass Celebration (May 25-27, 2018)
Bringing together the finest in bluegrass music..A weekend of music, food, jamming, fun and friendship.
- Great Canadian Cheese Festival
The festival is taking a year off in 2018.
- Terroir Run (June 2, 2018). 11k run among the winery back roads.
- County Terroir (June 2, 2018)
Featuring the new spring releases of Prince Edward County wines.
- Art in the County (June 22 to July 8, 2018)
Original works by County artists and artisans at this annual juried exhibition and show hosted by the PEC Arts Council. Enjoy paintings, photographs, jewellery, sculpture, fibre arts and glass.
Favourite hangouts from Catherine-marie Durning ☞ We especially love the Lilacs that frame every county road in the spring.