Fall is a wonderful season to visit The County. The beaches are quieter and harvest festivals abound. Enjoy fall colour tours, cycling, marathons, regional food celebrations, grape & apple harvesting, pumpkin festival, artist studio tours, and country fairs …
- Fall Birding (August 19 to October 31) – Bird banding, guided walks, identification workshops …
- Women Killing It (Aug 30 – Sept 1) – A crime writing festival that puts the spotlight on Canada’s talented women writers who work in the crime and mystery genre.
- Rednersville Road Art Tour (Labour Day weekend )
- Homesteaders Harvest Festival (Sept 1, 2019) at Ameliasburgh Heritage Village
- The Picton Fair (Sept 6-8 in 2019)
All the fun of a country fair plus a bustling midway; cattle show and a myriad of agricultural exhibits; demolition derby and live music in the big top.
- Gran Fondo (Sept 7, 2019) 50 km, 100 and 150 km distances
- Antique Show and Sale at the Crystal Palace in Picton (Sept )
- PEC Chamber Music Festival (Sept. 13-15, 20-22, 2019) – The festival brings together the best of Canada’s classical musicians.
- Sandbanks Music Festival (Sept 14, 2019 )
- Annual Mariner’s Service (Sept) Paying special tribute to those who work and play on County waters.
- 50’s & 60’s Rock N Roll Music Festival (Sept 13-15, 2019)
- The Milford Fair (Sept 14, 2019)
60 years old+ and going strong, Milford has a great old fashioned fair with lots of fun for everyone. Enjoy live music, delicious food, lots of activities for the kids, a dog show and petting zoo, home baking and more.
- PEC Studio & Gallery Tour (Sept 20-22, 2019 )
Visit a wide spectrum of professional studios and galleries throughout the year, or during these special weekends when artists will demonstrate and discuss their work.
- TASTE! community grown (Sept 28, 2019 )
An epicurean experience, showcasing the finest local artisanal products, wines, beers, cider and cuisine
- Model Train & Hobby Show (Sept) – A treat for train lovers of any age. Miniature trains – maximum enjoyment.
- Ameliasburgh Fall Fair (Sept 21/22, 2019)
- County Marathon (Oct 6, 2019 )
This Boston Marathon Qualifier goes through the County along the picturesque route from the village of Wellington along winding country roads, through three towns and past three lakes.
- Scarecrow Festival (Oct 12 & 13, 2019)
Fall family fun on Thanksgiving weekend, make your own scarecrow.
- Ontario Honey Festival (Oct 12, 2019)
Meet and shop with local beekeepers, taste Ontario honey and mead …
- Pumpkinfest (Oct 19, 2019)
Watch the Parade of Giant Pumpkins wind its way through the village of Wellington to the Pumpkin Grower’s weigh-off. Local entertainment, vendors, food booths, games for children, pumpkin sales and pumpkin pie.
- Fall Countylicious (Nov 1-24, 2019)
Prince Edward County’s twice annual prix fixe culinary celebration. Don’t miss your chance to dine on divine food with a down to earth price tag.
- Annual Christmas Market & Sale at The Local Store (Nov)
- The Makers Hand (Nov 1-3, 2019)
Show and Sale of Eastern Ontario’s finest artists and artisans. Shop for that special Christmas gift.
- Firelight Lantern Festival (Nov 9, 2019)
A magical celebration for the whole community.
- Wassail (Weekends of Nov 16 + 17 , Nov 23 + 24, and Nov 30/Dec 1, 2019)
In thanks for a bountiful harvest and the “hilling up” of vines, revelers, shoppers and tasters make merriment.
- Bloomfield Festival of Lights (Nov 29, 2019)
The village of Bloomfield sparkles like a magical fairyland for their annual night-time holiday parade.
- Festival of Trees (Nov 29 to Dec 1, 2019 )
Silent auction of over 150 beautifully decorated Christmas trees, as well as a huge bake sale, bucket draw, Christmas boutique, with live musical entertainment.
- Picton Santa Claus Parade (Dec 1, 2019 )
- Ameliasburgh Christmas in the Village (Dec 1, 2019)
- Wellington’s Christmas in the Village (Dec 7, 2019)
- Christmas in the County House Tour (Dec 8, 2019)
- Christmas in Consecon (Dec 8, 2019)