Spring is an optimistic season of new beginnings and new life, and The County has found colourful and creative ways to celebrate it. We welcome the first harvest of the season – maple syrup; spring birding migration; cultural festivals; food & wine markets; nature walks, garden tours and plant sales …
- Maple in the County (March 25 & 26)
A self-directed, two-day celebration, with pancake breakfasts, tours of maple bushes, sugar shack demonstrations, music, dancing, shopping, fine dining, family activities, and so much more.
- Spring Countylicious ( March 31 to April 23 )
Prince Edward County’s twice annual prix fixe culinary celebration.
- Waterfall Tours (Easter weekend, April 15 & 16)
- Authors Festival (April 20-22)
Enjoy readings by authors of fiction, nonfiction and poetry plus panel discussions.
- Walleye World Fishing Tournament (May 5-7)
The Walleye World Fishing Derby is a live release event the first weekend in May. Big fish to catch and big prizes to be won. Bay of Quinte is known as the “Walleye Capital of the World”.
- County POP Community Music Festival (May 6)
Participate in the timeless tradition of reveling in music, food and family to welcome the magic that is springtime in the County.
- Terroir Wine & Farmers Market (May)
Prince Edward County’s wineries serve their own unique county-produced wines, featuring the new spring releases.
- Spring Birding Festival (May 13-22 )
Weekend activities include workshops on birding, insects, wildflowers and photography with a hospitality tent where visitors can post sightings, share information and just hang out.
- Quarter Moon Coffeehouse in Bloomfield (May-Sept)
The anything-goes, everybody-welcome open stage coffee house returns for another summer of music every other Thursday evening.
- Welcome Weekend (May 20, 21)
Opening weekend for The County Museums for the 2017 season. “Loyalist Encampment” Event.
- Antique Show and Sale at the Crystal Palace in Picton (May 20 & 21)
- Quinte’s Isle Bluegrass Celebration (May 26-28)
Featuring local, regional and national bands, bringing together the finest in bluegrass music.. Join us for a weekend of music, food, jamming, fun and friendship.
- Terroir Run (May 27). 11k run among the winery back roads.
- Great Canadian Cheese Festival (June 3 & 4)
The best cheesemakers from P.E.I. to Vancouver Island offer cheeses to taste and buy at the only pan-Canadian showcase of artisan cheese.
- The Wine Passport to Canada (June 17), featuring hundreds of award-winning Canadian wines, ciders and meads.
- Art in the County (June 23 to July 9)
Original works by County artists and artisans at this annual juried exhibition and show hosted by the PEC Arts Council. Enjoy paintings, photographs, jewellery, sculpture, fibre arts and glass.
Favourite hangouts from Catherine-marie Durning ☞ We especially love the Lilacs that frame every county road in the spring.