Ameliasburgh Heritage Village has grown from one building, in 1968, to a full pioneer village. The main structure was built in 1868 as a Wesleyan Methodist Church. It became a United Church in 1925 and served the community until 1967. Over the years, several additional buildings have been added to the site. A log cabin, display barns, an operational blacksmith shop, a sap shanty, dairy and bee-keeping buildings, and a large stone building housing the Goldie Corliss 18 foot flywheel.
A highlight is Amelia’s Tea Room, which offers breakfast and/or lunch during Special Events on site.
Upcoming Events in 2017:
- June 10-11 – Grandparents Weekend, 9:30-4:30. Celebration of generations, grandparents admitted free.
- Sept 3 – Homestead Heritage Days, 12-4. Heritage skills, demonstrations, blacksmith, corn roast.
- Dec 3 – Christmas in the Village. Tour around Ameliasburgh Village. Decorate Christmas cookies and evergreens; authentic settler Christmas at Museum’s log cabin; crafts and activities at Victoria Schoolhouse. Free, 1-4pm. Admission by donation. 476-2148 ext.258, [email protected]
Ameliasburgh Heritage Village welcomes:
If booked in advance, the museum can also provide walking tours of the village of Ameliasburgh for groups.