On the shady shores of Black River, on historic Morrison Point Road, this waterfront adult-only B&B offers a park-like sanctuary where life can be enjoyed at a slower pace. Minutes from the town of Picton with a variety of shops, fine restaurants and live theatre, and close to many other attractions such as Sandbanks Provincial Park, North Beach, Birdhouse City, and many wineries and birding locations.
Your hosts Conrad Biernacki and Brian Musselwhite are recently retired from the Royal Ontario Museum. Both have extensive knowledge and experience in art, decorative arts and antiques.
- Minutes from the town of Picton with its variety of shops, fine restaurants and live theatre, and close to many other attractions including Sandbanks Provincial Park, North Beach, and many wineries and birding locations.
- Choose from four luxurious bedrooms with ensuite or private bathrooms (all with heated floors) and a quiet and relaxing riverside view.
- Sumptuous full, vegetarian, gluten free breakfasts in the dining room overlooking the river.
- Fully air conditioned.
- Park-like setting with variety of mature trees.
- Large covered decks overlooking the lawn and river.
- A dock for your canoe or kayak.
- Wi-Fi • Senior accessible • Parking • Smoke and pet-free environment
Experience the Ultimate High Tea
- Learn about the history of tea as 18th and 19th century artifacts are passed around.
- Select your teacup and choose among 68 kinds of tea as you join an elite group of tea drinkers, including Elizabeth Simcoe, Susanna Moodie and Catherine Macaulay.
- Indulge in shortbread made with the recipe used at Buckingham Palace.
- We are renowned for our food. Fresh home baking with local and organic ingredients is our focus.
- Taste a wide variety of made-in-the-County jams and jellies. Have you ever tried Black Locust, Apple-horseradish, Haskap or Chive Blossom jelly?
- Be amazed by panoramic views of the Black River and the glacial masterpiece, McMahon Bluff.
- Enjoy a guided tour of our home which is filled with interesting art and various collections.
- Have your photograph taken where Queen Elizabeth once stood.
- Open the door to a cabinet once owned by Canada’s most famous figure skater.
High Tea can be served almost any day for groups of 6 to 8 people, October to May, 2 to 4 pm. Please book a week in advance, $38 per person plus HST and gratuity, gift certificates available.