Named after Captain Bloomfield in 1833, the village was a thriving community and the heart of early Quakerism in Prince Edward County. Bull’s Creek on the east side supported a number of grist, flour, woolen and saw mills. Farming played an important role in Bloomfield’s history along with its canning and cheese factories.
Bloomfield Business Directory
- Millpond Conservation Area & Park, Mill Street, Bloomfield features fishing and picnic areas.
- Ice cream at Slickers!
Public washrooms are located behind the Town Hall, at the west end of the shopping district. Also at the Public Library (part-time hours).