Demorestville is a small hamlet in the township/ward of Sophiasburgh in Prince Edward County. Once much larger, it currently has a population of approximately one hundred. A creek (known locally as “The Crick”) which once powered mills fed by Fish Lake, flows through the centre of town and has now been protected under the Demorestville Conservation Area. There are picnic tables and hiking trails on the property.
This hamlet, named after Guillaume de Morest, a French Huguenot descendant, was a thriving community in the 1840s, bustling with activity and supporting a population of 400 persons. A series of mills were built along the creek from Fish Lake to the Bay of Quinte. In addition to several mills, de Morest built a church which he turned over the Methodist faith. Reference: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demorestville,_Ontario
- Boat launch at nearby Centennial Park – 1417 B County Road 15 in Northport, Sophiasburgh Ward
- B&Bs, Cottages, Campgrounds
- Fishing & Fishing Resorts
- Three Dog Winery at Fish Lake
- Sophiasburgh Recreation Committee
- Sophiasburgh Activity pad at Friendship Lane – behind Sophiasburgh Town Hall