Ice Fishing in Prince Edward County and the surrounding areas is a popular pastime. The Bay of Quinte, “Walleye Capital of the World”, is the main attraction and for this reason fishermen come back several times a year.
Several local businesses offer ice-fishing packages and accommodation packages.
Visit countyshores.com for
- Accommodations in our cottages or suite
- Bait and tackle store
- Fish cleaning stations
- Freezer space
Visit merlandpark.com for
- Accommodations in our cottages or motel units.
- Gas powered augers for use
- Annual ice fishing derby
Visit sunsetcabins.ca for
• Accommodations in our cottages
• Shuttle service from huts to cottages
• Bait supplied
• Heated fish cleaning station
• Deep freezer space free
Be safe on the ice, see ice thickness guidelines from fishandboat.com