Posts Tagged "Ameliasburgh"

Heritage Activity Day

Posted | Comments Off

Heritage Activity Day

August 31, 2014 Heritage Activity Day Fun for the whole family! Watch the heritage trades at work! Explore the pioneer village, alive with costumed folk interpreting a 19th Century way of life. Tasting stations will be around the village for sampling heritage recipes and stay for the corn roast and musical entertainment too. 9:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Ameliasburgh Historical Museum & Pioneer Village 517 County Road 19, Ameliasburgh Regular admission applies. Contact: Janice Hubbs, Site Curator www.countymemorytrail.ca 613-968-9678 [email protected] Visit the Hamlet of...

Read More

Ameliaburgh

Posted | Comments Off

Ameliaburgh

The Hamlet of Ameliasburgh was named after Princess Amelia, the 15th child of King George III. This hamlet nestles on Roblin Lake. Features include Al Purdy A-Frame, Ameliasburgh Museum & Pioneer Village, Genealogical Research Centre, Education Museum, conservation area.

Read More

Al Purdy A-frame

Posted | 0 comments

Al Purdy A-frame

In 1957, Poet Al Purdy and his wife Eurithe moved to Roblin Lake in Ameliasburgh, Ontario (south of Trenton in Prince Edward County), where they built an A-frame cottage, and this became his preferred location for writing. In his later years, he divided his time between North Saanich, British Columbia, and his cottage at Roblin Lake. The cottage became a meeting place for poets, poetry-lovers, academics and Eurithe was well-known for her hospitality. A grass-roots movement to preserve Purdy’s A-frame cottage in Ameliasburgh was organized by Jean Baird (wife of poet George Bowering) and...

Read More

Ameliasburgh Family Day Fun

Posted | Comments Off

Ameliasburgh Family Day Fun

Family Activities at the Ameliasburgh Hall Sunday Feb. 16,  1-4pm. Free hot dogs & hot chocolate. Everyone welcome.     Visit the Hamlet of Ameliasburgh.

Read More

Street Meet

Posted | Comments Off

Street Meet

Prince Edward Auto Club Street Meet August Location: Prince Edward Auto Club 800 Whitney Rd, Ameliasburg K0K 1A0 *Having A Blast Reliving The Past!* Come join us with your beloved auto for the weekend, or visit us for the day and see all that we have to offer! Entrants welcome for the weekend or the day. Spectators welcome for the day. Approximately 200 cars from across Ontario and Quebec ranging from the early 1900’s to Modern Muscle Contact name: Fred Morton (President) Contact phone: (613) 813-4596 Contact email: [email protected] Visit the Hamlet of...

Read More

Ameliasburgh Country Fair

Posted | Comments Off

Ameliasburgh Country Fair

Ameliasburgh Country Fair September at Roblin Lake Fairgrounds At this great little country fair there are prizes for everything from pickles to pets to the best costume. From the parade at 10:00 on Saturday the events roll on through the weekend. Enjoy a chicken BBQ, home baking, displays and competitions, and the ever-popular OPP car rollover at Roblin Lake Fairgrounds in Ameliasburgh. For details visit http://sites.google.com/site/ameliasburghfair/ 613-969-8050 Visit the Hamlet of...

Read More

Quinte Educational Museum in Ameliasburgh

Posted | Comments Off

Quinte Educational Museum in Ameliasburgh

The Quinte Educational Museum and Archives (QEMA) was established over 30 years ago. QEMA has found a temporary location for its archives at the former Ameliasburgh Town Hall where various exhibits can be viewed and research and review of archives can take place. The Montgomery family of Ameliasburgh in Prince Edward County donated the Victoria Schoolhouse to QEMA and the schoolhouse has been relocated to the Ameliasburgh Museum and Pioneer Village grounds. Renovations have begun on the schoolhouse and it is available for viewing during the hours of the Ameliasburgh museum. The Quinte...

Read More

Marilyn Adams Genealogical Research Centre

Posted | Comments Off

Marilyn Adams Genealogical Research Centre

The Marilyn Adams Genealogical Research Centre at Ameliasburgh, Ontario, is the only free standing Genealogical Research Centre in Canada. Visit the library in person to research your family history, access our databases online, or request help from our volunteers. Searchable Names Database Online: an index to over 1.1 million names from genealogies in the library. Heal Database: an index to 147,760 names in the Heal Collection. 528 County Rd. 19, Box 35 Ameliasburgh Ontario, K0K 1A0 (613) 967-6291 Web: www.quinte-kin.com   Keywords:  genealogy, family roots, historical research,...

Read More

Ameliasburgh Historical Museum and Pioneer Village

Posted | Comments Off

Ameliasburgh Historical Museum and Pioneer Village

Ameliasburgh Historical Museum has grown from one building, in 1968, to a full pioneer village. The main structure was built in 1868 as a Wesleyan Methodist Church. It became a United Church in 1925 and served the community until 1967. Over the years, several additional buildings have been added to the site. A log cabin, display barns, an operational blacksmith shop, a sap shanty, dairy and bee-keeping buildings, and a large stone building housing the Goldie Corliss 18 foot flywheel. A highlight is Amelia’s Tea Room, which offers breakfast and/or lunch during Special Events on site. Related...

Read More

Harry Smith Conservation Area

Posted | Comments Off

Harry Smith Conservation Area

Address: Purdy Street, Ameliasburgh, Ontario, @44.060638,-77.434731 Telephone: 613-968-3434 Activities and Information: 65.8 acres hiking, off-road cycling, snowshoeing/skiing, dog walking Free Admission Picnic Facilities Directions: South of Belleville, in Ameliasburgh on County Rd #2, 4km west of Hwy #62 Unique Features: Former site of Roblin’s Mill now at Black Creek Pioneer Village Natural Features: Surrounded on 3 sides by 25m escarpment   View Prince Edward County – Conservation areas, Parks, Trails in a larger...

Read More