Spring is an optimistic season of new beginnings and new life, and The County has found colourful and creative ways to celebrate it. We welcome the first harvest of the season – maple syrup; spring birding migration; cultural festivals; food & wine markets; nature walks, garden tours and plant sales …
- Maple in the County (March 30 & 31, 2019)
A self-directed, two-day celebration, with pancake breakfasts, tours of maple bushes, sugar shack demonstrations, music, dancing, shopping, fine dining, family activities …
- Spring Countylicious ( April 5-April 29 )
Prince Edward County’s twice annual prix fixe culinary celebration.
- Waterfall Tours (April 20 & 21 – Easter weekend, 2019)
- County Reads Authors Festival (April 25-27, 2019)
- County POP Community Music Festival (May 4, 2019 )
Participate in the timeless tradition of revelling in music, food and family to welcome the magic that is springtime in the County.
- Walleye World Fishing Tournament (May 4 & 5, 2019)
The Walleye World Fishing Derby is a live release event the first weekend in May. Big fish to catch and big prizes to be won. Bay of Quinte is known as the “Walleye Capital of the World”.
- Spring Birding Festival (May 11-20, 2019)
Weekend activities include workshops on birding, insects, wildflowers and photography with a hospitality tent where visitors can post sightings, share information and just hang out.
- Black River Spring Festival (May 18 & 19, 2019)
The community of Black River on Morrison Point Road is celebrating Spring with the First Annual Black River Spring Festival.
- Loyalist Re-enactment (May 18 & 19, 2019)
Over the Victoria Day weekend, re-enactors camp on-site, living as Loyalists would have done in their earliest days in Canada.
- Terroir on the Move (May 18 & 19, 2019). Travel from winery to winery exploring the unique terroir of the region.
- Fibrefest (May 25, 2019) celebrating Fibre Arts
- Rotary Lilac Ride (May 26, 2019) through the County’s beautiful cycling routes
- Antique Show and Sale at the Crystal Palace in Picton (May 18 & 19, 2019)
- Quinte’s Isle Bluegrass Celebration (May 24-26, 2019)
Bringing together the finest in bluegrass music. A weekend of music, food, jamming, fun and friendship.
- Sharon, Bram & Friends Farewell Tour (June 15, 2019) at the Regent Theatre
- Art in the County (June 21 – July 7, 2019 )
Original works by County artists and artisans at this annual juried exhibition and show hosted by the PEC Arts Council. Enjoy paintings, photographs, jewellery, sculpture, fibre arts and glass.
Favourite hangouts from Catherine-marie Durning ☞ We especially love the Lilacs that frame every county road in the spring.