With wine celebrations, holiday parades, and winter markets, come celebrate Christmas in the County!
- Fall Countylicious (Nov 3-26,2017)
Prince Edward County’s twice annual prix fixe culinary celebration. Don’t miss your chance to dine on divine food with a down to earth price tag.
- The Makers Hand (Nov 3,4,5, 2017)
Show and Sale of Eastern Ontario’s finest artists and artisans. Shop for that special Christmas gift.
- Annual Christmas Craft Show & Sale, Picton Arena (Nov 11, 2017)
- … see more Christmas craft sales & events
- Firelight Lantern Festival (Nov 18,2017)
A magical celebration for the whole community.
- Christmas in Consecon (Nov 19, 2017) at various locations in the hamlet.
- Festivus (Nov 17 to Dec 23) Celebrate Festivus on the County’s East side.
- Wassail (Nov 18 & 19, Nov 25 & 26, Dec 2 & 3 in 2017)
In thanks for a bountiful harvest and the “hilling up” of vines, revelers, shoppers and tasters make merriment.
- Bloomfield Festival of Lights (Nov 24, 2017)
The village of Bloomfield sparkles like a magical fairyland for their annual night-time holiday parade.
- Festival of Trees (Nov 24-27, 2017)
Silent auction of over 150 beautifully decorated Christmas trees, as well as a huge bake sale, bucket draw, Christmas boutique, with live musical entertainment.
- Picton Santa Claus Parade (Nov 26, 2017)
- Wellington’s Santa Claus Parade (Dec 2, 2017)
- Christmas House Tour (Dec 3, 2017)
- Christmas in the Village Ameliasburgh (Dec 3, 2017)
- Busy Hands Craft Show (Dec 9 & 10, 2017)
- … and more Christmas craft shows & activities
Welcome to our winter carnivals, celebrations of all things winter.
- WinterFest at Sandbanks (Family Day Feb 19, 2018)
There are lots of winter-time activities to choose from! Cross country skiing, ice fishing, snowmobiling, hockey, curling and skating … Or, just cozy up by a roaring fire with some good food, good wine and good friends!
- X-COUNTRY SKIING
For cross-country skiiers, Sandbanks Provincial Park has 10 kms of trails, and Macaulay Mountain conservation area has 11 km. Or, try snowshoeing the frozen dunes for an uncommon view of a popular beach.
- ICE FISHING
Test your mettle as the mercury goes down with some ice fishing. The Bay of Quinte is one of the top walleye fishing spots in the world. Several local businesses offer ice-fishing packages and accommodation packages.
The County loves its hockey! The Wellington Dukes are a Junior “A” ice hockey team from Wellington. The Picton Pirates are a Canadian Junior ice hockey team based in Picton.
- ICE SKATING
The County offers 2 rinks with public skating, and Wellington also has an outdoor rink.
Join in on the fun at Prince Edward Curling Club.
- FITNESS & AQUATICS
Prince Edward Fitness & Aquatic (PEFAC) facility provides recreational, physical, therapeutic and social opportunities for all ages and abilities.
- INDOOR WALKING PROGRAMS
Keep active even in cold weather with indoor walking programs at P.E.C.I. , Wellington Community Centre indoor track, or Community Care for Seniors programs.
Check out more winter activities …